Problem bridge to close again for four nights next week
- Credit: Archant
A problem bridge in a coastal town will be closed again for four nights next week for maintenance work.
Haven Bridge, in Great Yarmouth, will be closed eastbound from Monday, November 16 to Thursday, November 19, from 8pm to 6am each night.
The work will repair loose areas of blockwork on the bridge deck surface, and follows test lifts of the 90-year-old bridge earlier this week.
Westbound traffic will be reduced to a single lane, but pedestrian access over the bridge will be unaffected.
The diversion route for traffic will be via A1243 Pasteur Road, A12 (via Breydon Bridge), A149 Acle New Road and B1141 North Quay.
Norfolk County Council said it wanted to thank people for their patience while the work is carried out.
You may also want to watch:
The bridge has been unable to lift for some time, blocking access for larger vessels due to an electrical fault.
- 1 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 2 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 3 New wave of beach huts snapped up in Gorleston
- 4 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 5 Rogue builder's victims say home is 'finally watertight' one year on
- 6 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 7 Head teacher: 'It's not true that nobody from Great Yarmouth goes to uni'
- 8 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 9 Mystery mural found in back street sparks hunt for artist
- 10 Community garden to close permanently due to Covid funding crisis