Trainlines 'blocked' as signalling system fails
- Credit: Archant
Trains running through a Norfolk village may be delayed or cancelled as a signalling system has failed.
Greater Anglia has reported a blockage on its line between Lingwood and Brundall, on the Norwich to Great Yarmouth route, due to a fault with the signalling system.
The fault means all trains running from Norwich to Yarmouth will be diverted via Berney Arms and will not serve Lingwood, or Acle until further notice.
A spokesperson from Greater Anglia said: "Greater Anglia and Network Rail are sorry if your journey has been affected by this disruption.
"Train services running through these stations may be delayed or revised. Disruption is expected until further notice."
You may also want to watch:
Greater Anglia has said delays are expected until 10.30pm.
Elsewhere in the region, the 20.47 train between Cambridge and Ipswich (21.32 Thurston) has been cancelled due to a broken down freight train.
Specific train service alterations are available here: www.journeycheck.com/greateranglia/
- For live traffic updates please visit our traffic map
- 1 Police arrest man in Gorleston murder probe
- 2 Opening date confirmed for new Sports Direct in town's former M&S
- 3 Murder victim's brother: 'Please help find my beloved sister's killer'
- 4 Man stabbed victim in chest with screwdriver at cemetery
- 5 'Trauma cafe' taking shape in former high street electrical shop
- 6 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 7 Sinkhole appears on busy coastal bus route in Gorleston
- 8 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 9 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree
- 10 Plan for third stand at coastal football ground