Man in 40s taken to hospital after car crashes into lamppost
- Credit: Google Maps
A man in his 40s has been taken to hospital with serious injuries after a car crashed into a lamppost.
Police were called at 5am this morning (March 24) to reports of a single vehicle collision in Gorleston.
A blue Seat Altera was travelling southbound on Southtown Road and then onto Beccles Road when it left the carriageway and collided with a lamppost.
Emergency services attended the scene and the injured man, a passenger in the car, was taken to the James Paget Hospital with serious injuries.
The road was closed and reopened at 10.20am.
A man in his 20s has since been arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving and was interviewed by officers before being released under investigation.
Any witnesses to the collision or anyone who may have seen the manner of driving of the car prior to the incident is asked to contact the police.
Officers would also like to hear from anyone who might have CCTV or dashcam footage taken in the area or any other information that might assist the investigation.
- 1 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 2 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 3 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 4 CCTV released of Great Yarmouth man whose body part was found on beach
- 5 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 6 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 7 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 8 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 9 TV show filmed in Norfolk starring Ainsley Harriott to air this month
- 10 Lost sailor found going backwards 12 miles off Norfolk coast
Anyone with any information is asked to contact PC Duffy at Acle Roads and Armed Policing Team on 101 or email DuffyA@norfolk.police.uk quoting CAD number 34 of Thursday 24 March 2022.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.