New bus service to link Great Yarmouth with two major airports
- Credit: Archant
People can now take the bus to two major airports directly from Great Yarmouth after a new service was launched.
The new 727 service by National Express will be leaving twice daily with stops at Stansted and Heathrow Airports.
The service - which has buses leaving Market Gates at 5.30am and 9.15am on weekdays and 5.50am and 9.15am on weekends - will also call at Acle, Norwich, Thetford, Mildenhall, Newmarket, Cambridge, Cambridge Trumpington Park and Ride, Stansted Airport, Heathrow Airport and Heathrow Terminal 5.
The timetable shows that the journey from Great Yarmouth to Heathrow Terminal 5 will take approximately five-and-a-half hours.
Stephen Hewitt, a volunteer with East Norfolk Transport Users Association (ENTUA), said he welcomes the new bus route.
"It's something quite unique for the area," Mr Hewitt said.
"It's great there is another service for the surrounding area.
- 1 'A slow down' - Estate agent says housing supply is hitting market
- 2 Body part investigation continues in Great Yarmouth
- 3 Hotel with 'excellent reputation' up for sale as owner retires
- 4 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 5 7 famous faces with Great Yarmouth links
- 6 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 7 'Queen of knitting' meets third royal at Royal Norfolk Show
- 8 Watch: Boy, 7, spars with Tyson Fury during Norfolk visit
- 9 Rescue hope for iconic hotel declared 'at risk' by national body
- 10 Wimbledon wild card Olivia through to second round in ladies doubles
"While it seems to take a while, it should save people lumping luggage on and off trains just to take a flight.
"We hope it is a very successful service."
For more information, visit the National Express website.