Ongoing roadworks in and around Great Yarmouth this week
- Credit: Archant
If you are hoping to squeeze in some last-minute Christmas shopping, here are ongoing roadworks in and around Great Yarmouth which could disrupt your journey.
Traffic coming through the town could experience some delays due to an eight-day closure of Hall Plain.
The road will be closed at the Regent Street junction until December 21.
But drivers can use an alternative route via Howard Street South, Stonecutters Way, North Quay and Regent Street.
Suffolk Road is also closed at its junction with William Adams Way for the construction of new roundabout.
Work will continue until November 29, 2022.
In Gorleston, Burgh Road is closed between Humberstone Road and the Stone Cross roundabout.
- 1 Pleasure Beach running locals evening with discount for NR postcodes
- 2 Drink driver caught while following police car on A47
- 3 Dog rescued after fire breaks out at Gorleston home
- 4 Football club fined and chairman suspended over FA breaches
- 5 Debate over 665 homes to be broadcast live amid 'heightened interest'
- 6 Children's truck convoy returns to region's road this August
- 7 Controversial 665-home Caister scheme approved
- 8 Artist unveils stunning new butterfly mural on private house
- 9 Queen's baton and carnival set to deliver 'super Saturday' in Yarmouth
- 10 Man jailed for hotel arson which caused £6k of damage
The road shut on Monday, December 6 for the construction of a new manhole and is set to finish on April 4, 2022.
A diversion is available via Wren Drive, then Mallard Way before joining the A143 Beccles Road.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.