Lines blocked as train breaks down at Norwich station
- Credit: Archant
Disruption at Norwich railway station which saw a number of lines blocked has come to an end.
Greater Anglia said on Wednesday afternoon that an empty train near the Norwich depot had developed a fault, blocking some routes into the station.
Services running to and from Norwich were expected to be cancelled, delayed or revised.
The rail operator added that the faulty train would "need to be rescued".
Among the services cancelled was the 2.57pm from Lowestoft to Norwich, due to arrive in the city at 3.33pm.
Meanwhile, the 3.46pm Sheringham to Norwich service started at Cromer instead, while the 3.48pm Lowestoft to Norwich service was running a few minutes late.
However, Greater Anglia informed passengers at around 3.30pm that disruption had ended.
- 1 Police arrest man in Gorleston murder probe
- 2 Opening date confirmed for new Sports Direct in town's former M&S
- 3 Man stabbed victim in chest with screwdriver at cemetery
- 4 'Trauma cafe' taking shape in former high street electrical shop
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Murder victim's brother: 'Please help find my beloved sister's killer'
- 7 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 8 Plan for third stand at coastal football ground
- 9 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 10 Sinkhole appears on busy coastal bus route in Gorleston