Roadworks to know about in Great Yarmouth and Gorleston this week
- Credit: Archant
Roads across Great Yarmouth and Gorleston are set to be impacted by works this week.
Here are some disruptions you should know about.
Traffic in Great Yarmouth is likely to be delayed due to an eight day closure of Hall Plain.
The road will be closed at the Regent Street junction between December 13 and 21.
An alternative route using Howard Street South, Stonecutters Way, North Quay and Regent Street has been suggested.
Suffolk Road continues to be closed at its junction with William Adams Way for the construction of a new roundabout.
Work will continue until November 29, 2022.
The installation of a new pumping station and storm overflow tank in Beccles Road is also likely to cause delays.
- 1 'There will be a huge impact' - Councillor's fears ahead of 665 homes vote
- 2 Where you can watch fireworks in Great Yarmouth this summer
- 3 7 famous faces with Great Yarmouth links
- 4 Man killed 96-year-old bystander in road rage crash
- 5 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 6 Plans to revamp Great Yarmouth town centre gather pace
- 7 Town road works extended due to depression in road surface
- 8 Pupils put best feet forward to celebrate their school's 150th anniversary
- 9 Marine company feeling buoyant after securing pilot launch contract
- 10 Hotel with 'excellent reputation' up for sale as owner retires
The works, which are hoped to reduce the risk of flooding in the town, are expected to last until the beginning of May 2022.
In Gorleston, Burgh Road will also remain closed between Humberstone Road and the Stone Cross roundabout.
The road shut on Monday, December 6 for the construction of a new manhole.
With work set to finish on April 4, 2022, a diversion is available Wren Drive, then Mallard Way before joining the A143 Beccles Road.
Stop and go boards used in Mill Lane and Crab Lane will finish on Monday, December 13.
The road closure in Homefield Avenue due to Cadent gasworks will come to an end on December 14.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.