Two crashes on same stretch of road amid black ice warning
- Credit: Chris Bishop
Two crashes on the same stretch of road in Norfolk left a driver in hospital after their car rolled over on to its side.
Police were called to the A143 Yarmouth Road at Toft Monks, near Haddiscoe at just after 6.15am on Thursday, February 11.
The car had rolled on its side and crashed into a hedge close to Glebeland Primary School.
A passing ambulance took the driver to the James Paget University Hospital at Gorleston as a precaution, although they were not injured.
Norfolk police said the car would be recovered in due course.
While officers were at the scene, they came across a second crash which had happened on the A143 near to Gillingham at just after 7am.
A car had gone into a ditch, although nobody was hurt.
- 1 Teaching couple moving to Wales after decades in Great Yarmouth
- 2 Coronavirus rates where you live in Great Yarmouth borough
- 3 Shoplifters arrested and car seized as police swoop on street
- 4 Hippodrome owners plan to open circus-themed cafe
- 5 £18m price tag for energy hotbed to create 650 jobs
- 6 Parents react to twice weekly Covid tests for school households
- 7 Drivers face delays following traffic accident on junction
- 8 Police condemn 'blatant' lockdown breaches as 160 fined
- 9 'Forgotten' pub to go under hammer after fails to sell
- 10 Power cut caused by electric pole fire hits more than 600 homes