Two crashes on same stretch of road amid black ice warning
- Credit: Chris Bishop
Two crashes on the same stretch of road in Norfolk left a driver in hospital after their car rolled over on to its side.
Police were called to the A143 Yarmouth Road at Toft Monks, near Haddiscoe at just after 6.15am on Thursday, February 11.
The car had rolled on its side and crashed into a hedge close to Glebeland Primary School.
A passing ambulance took the driver to the James Paget University Hospital at Gorleston as a precaution, although they were not injured.
Norfolk police said the car would be recovered in due course.
While officers were at the scene, they came across a second crash which had happened on the A143 near to Gillingham at just after 7am.
A car had gone into a ditch, although nobody was hurt.
- 1 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 2 New Sports Direct in town's former M&S set for summer opening
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 New dessert restaurant opens in Great Yarmouth
- 5 Norfolk ban for three men who stole cash from Yarmouth fruit machines
- 6 The challenges of May 17 re-opening - including keeping people sat down
- 7 "We're looking to move soon" - Neighbours' anger over derelict building fires
- 8 Great Yarmouth man banned from high street at night
- 9 Woman shares horror after pet cat Dave is mutilated by elastic band
- 10 "I love it here" - No surprise at village's Rightmove popularity