Work continues on burst water main as lane closure remains
- Credit: James Weeds
Work is continuing into the weekend to get a burst water main under control on Caister Road in Great Yarmouth.
The water main burst has been described as 'significant' by a spokesman for Essex and Suffolk Water and has resulted in the closure of one lane in both directions.
The burst water main was reported to Essex and Suffolk Water at 12.15pm yesterday (June 11).
Essex and Suffolk water engineers are continuing to work into the weekend to try and get it under control.
In the latest tweet, the water supplier posted: "We're at #CaisterRoad following a burst earlier today.
"Due to some damage to the highway, there's a lane closure on the opposite side of the road to Yarmouth Stadium.
"We’ll be working this weekend and we’re sorry for any inconvenience. Thank you."
You may also want to watch:
The burst water main is expected to bring traffic disruption as traffic in the area increases throughout the day.
- 1 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 2 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 3 Police seal in place at home of missing vulnerable 83-year-old
- 4 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 5 Euro 2020 crowds blamed for Gorleston Covid spike
- 6 Testing ramped up after 'extreme rise' in Covid cases in coastal areas
- 7 Dismay at appeal ruling on homes bid for site of former registry office
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Almost two dozen arrests on first Saturday after nightclubs open
- 10 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale