Work continues on burst water main as lane closure remains
- Credit: James Weeds
Work is continuing into the weekend to get a burst water main under control on Caister Road in Great Yarmouth.
The water main burst has been described as 'significant' by a spokesman for Essex and Suffolk Water and has resulted in the closure of one lane in both directions.
The burst water main was reported to Essex and Suffolk Water at 12.15pm yesterday (June 11).
Essex and Suffolk water engineers are continuing to work into the weekend to try and get it under control.
In the latest tweet, the water supplier posted: "We're at #CaisterRoad following a burst earlier today.
"Due to some damage to the highway, there's a lane closure on the opposite side of the road to Yarmouth Stadium.
"We’ll be working this weekend and we’re sorry for any inconvenience. Thank you."
You may also want to watch:
The burst water main is expected to bring traffic disruption as traffic in the area increases throughout the day.
- 1 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 2 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 3 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 4 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 5 Potters Resort expands into Essex after acquiring new site
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 7 'Road to nowhere' after erosion streak at Winterton
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 10 No further action over arson and fraud allegation at care home