Rail services cancelled due ‘to more trains than usual needing repairs’
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Rail passengers are today facing disruption after a number of trains have been cancelled between Norwich and London, Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth.
Train operator Greater Anglia is currently reporting that the following trains are cancelled due to more trains than usual needing repairs at the same time:
1.30pm Norwich to London Liverpool Street
4pm London Liverpool Street to Norwich
4.38pm Norwich to Great Yarmouth
5.17pm Great Yarmouth to Norwich
6.04pm Norwich to Great Yarmouth
- 1 House of Fun! When Madness video was shot at Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach
- 2 'I was in a dark place' - Woman 'saved' by messages on town's pier
- 3 Hot tub wrecked after car smashes through garden wall from Wilkos car park
- 4 Five Great Yarmouth properties with stunning sea views
- 5 Great Yarmouth's branch of Costa closed for refurbishment
- 6 Retired army general joins ranks of Great Yarmouth company
- 7 Inquest into death of woman during cosmetic surgery in Turkey delayed
- 8 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 9 Brick thrown through window in spate of burglaries in Great Yarmouth area
- 10 5 TV shows and films shot in Norfolk getting released in 2022
6.47pm Great Yarmouth to Norwich
Other services cancelled earlier today for the same reason included the 7.47am Lowestoft to Norwich train, the 8.36am Norwich to Great Yarmouth train and the 9.17am Great Yarmouth to Norwich train.
The 8.30am Norwich to London Liverpool Street service and the 11am London Liverpool Street to Norwich service were also both cancelled due to damage to overhead electric wires.
Plastic sheeting caught on overhead electric wires near Chelmsford meant that the 3.30pm service from London Liverpool Street arrived in Norwich at 5.40pm, not 5.24pm.
For the latest train information, visit www.journeycheck.com/greateranglia