Travellers moved off Caister site
POLICE moved on a group of travellers from a site in Caister today. Several caravans and vehicles parked up on a privately owned field on Yarmouth Road, opposite Yarmouth Stadium, late yesterday afternoon.
POLICE moved on a group of travellers from a site in Caister today.
Several caravans and vehicles parked up on a privately owned field on Yarmouth Road, opposite Yarmouth Stadium, late yesterday afternoon.
Police, along with the support of Yarmouth Borough Council, intervened when travellers refused to move from the site having been asked to do so by the landowner. Just before 2pm today police served a Section 61 notice on the travellers which ordered them to leave by 4pm.
The travellers had moved from the site by 3.40pm.
You may also want to watch:
Insp Teresa Eagleton said: “Each incident that Norfolk Constabulary attends or deals with is judged on its individual circumstances and dealt with appropriately for that particular issue. In this case officers worked closely with partners and the local community to take positive action against a group of people who were breaking the law.”
- 1 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 2 Student nurse's plea after two years of university work stolen from car
- 3 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 Yarmouth bridge will not lift until March 2022 as upgrade works delayed
- 6 Vacant Game store hosts walk-in Covid test centre
- 7 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
- 8 Decision on controversial four-storey flats pushed back
- 9 Shop owners say don't worry about Christmas supplies
- 10 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing