Tributes to Yarmouth crash victim
THE grieving brother of a Great Yarmouth man who died in a car crash on the A47 Southern bypass near Norwich has paid tribute to him.Offshore rig worker Dwayne Clucas, 31, died when his Rover was involved in a collision with a Vauxhall Corsa on Wednesday, May 20.
THE grieving brother of a Great Yarmouth man who died in a car crash on the A47 Southern bypass near Norwich has paid tribute to him.
Offshore rig worker Dwayne Clucas, 31, died when his Rover was involved in a collision with a Vauxhall Corsa on Wednesday, May 20.
His brother Craig, 26, said: “He was the life and soul of the party, everybody knew him. Since he died, people I have never met before have been coming up to me and saying they knew him.”
The keen Everton fan, of Drifters Way, earned the nickname “Ginge” because of his red hair.
On the day of his death, Mr Clucas was travelling back from Leicester, where he had gone with his housemate Jason Norven to collect a set of golf clubs from Mr Norven's father.
He attended Herman Middle and Oriel High School in Gorleston and became a familiar face at The Arcadian snooker club in Gorleston.
- 1 'A slow down' - Estate agent says housing supply is hitting market
- 2 Body part investigation continues in Great Yarmouth
- 3 Hotel with 'excellent reputation' up for sale as owner retires
- 4 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 5 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 6 7 famous faces with Great Yarmouth links
- 7 'Queen of knitting' meets third royal at Royal Norfolk Show
- 8 Rescue hope for iconic hotel declared 'at risk' by national body
- 9 Watch: Boy, 7, spars with Tyson Fury during Norfolk visit
- 10 Wimbledon wild card Olivia through to second round in ladies doubles
Mr Clucas leaves two children, Harley and Harmony and his family, who all live in Gorleston, include parents George and Jan Clucas, sisters Sarah and Heidi and brother Craig.
His funeral service is at St Andrew's Church in Gorleston on Thursday at 12.30pm.
The crash happened at about 8.15pm at Caistor St Edmond near the junction of the A146. Anyone with information on the incident should contact Pc Michael Robertson of the serious collision investigation team on 0845 4564567.