Truckers convoy to roll into town
MORE than 80 trucks are expected to take part in this year's East Coast Truckers convoy on Sunday, August 30. Disadvantaged and disabled youngsters from across the region will enjoy a fantastic treat travelling in trucks from Norwich to Pleasurewood Hills in Lowestoft.
MORE than 80 trucks are expected to take part in this year's East Coast Truckers convoy on Sunday, August 30.
Disadvantaged and disabled youngsters from across the region will enjoy a fantastic treat travelling in trucks from Norwich to Pleasurewood Hills in Lowestoft.
Spokeswoman Hannah Stoner said: “It will run this year thanks to all the help we have had from Norfolk County Council, the Highways Agency and Norfolk Constabulary. Because the convoy is unique it has been difficult to find the right legislation to cover this event. However, all parties have worked extremely hard to find a solution.”
Leaving County Hall in Norwich at 10am the convoy will travel on the A47 to Great Yarmouth arriving at about 11am. Once in town the convoy will travel along the A12 and turn left at Harfrey's roundabout, taking in Beccles Road, Church Road and Middleton Road before picking up the A12 again.
You may also want to watch:
The convoy will leave Pleasurewood Hills at about 5.15pm and make its way back to Yarmouth seafront taking in a trip along the Golden Mile at about 6pm. Parts of Marine Parade will be closed off to traffic just before the convoy journeys along the seafront which is expected to take around 45 minutes.
- 1 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 2 Three taken to hospital after eight crews battle holiday park blaze
- 3 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 4 Covid on the coast: Record high for July but case numbers dipping
- 5 'Nobody wants the responsibility' - Town's public art collection for sale
- 6 Man denies raping woman in flat above fast food outlet
- 7 'Unbelievable grief' - Friend plans memorial garden for Gorleston woman
- 8 Britain's Got Talent golden buzzer winner to appear in Gorleston cabaret show
- 9 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 10 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found