Truckers convoy to roll into town
MORE than 80 trucks are expected to take part in this year's East Coast Truckers convoy on Sunday, August 30. Disadvantaged and disabled youngsters from across the region will enjoy a fantastic treat travelling in trucks from Norwich to Pleasurewood Hills in Lowestoft.
MORE than 80 trucks are expected to take part in this year's East Coast Truckers convoy on Sunday, August 30.
Disadvantaged and disabled youngsters from across the region will enjoy a fantastic treat travelling in trucks from Norwich to Pleasurewood Hills in Lowestoft.
Spokeswoman Hannah Stoner said: “It will run this year thanks to all the help we have had from Norfolk County Council, the Highways Agency and Norfolk Constabulary. Because the convoy is unique it has been difficult to find the right legislation to cover this event. However, all parties have worked extremely hard to find a solution.”
Leaving County Hall in Norwich at 10am the convoy will travel on the A47 to Great Yarmouth arriving at about 11am. Once in town the convoy will travel along the A12 and turn left at Harfrey's roundabout, taking in Beccles Road, Church Road and Middleton Road before picking up the A12 again.
You may also want to watch:
The convoy will leave Pleasurewood Hills at about 5.15pm and make its way back to Yarmouth seafront taking in a trip along the Golden Mile at about 6pm. Parts of Marine Parade will be closed off to traffic just before the convoy journeys along the seafront which is expected to take around 45 minutes.
- 1 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 2 Man caught drying cannabis he had stolen from father-in-law
- 3 Picture special: Fire on the Water thrills crowds
- 4 Abandoned Grade II listed building to be restored
- 5 Great Yarmouth church to receive £300k grant
- 6 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 7 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 8 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 9 Where to watch fireworks for Bonfire Night in the borough
- 10 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon