TV airing for Somerleyton Hall
Collectibles and family heirlooms from across Norfolk and Suffolk will be showcased on television next month.The Antiques Roadshow which was filmed at Somerleyton Hall, near Lowestoft, in the autumn will be shown on BBC One on Sunday March 7.
Collectibles and family heirlooms from across Norfolk and Suffolk will be showcased on television next month.
The Antiques Roadshow which was filmed at Somerleyton Hall, near Lowestoft, in the autumn will be shown on BBC One on Sunday March 7.
The show, which is the first of two programmes made from footage filmed at the estate, includes a rare and valuable glass vase, items recovered from the crashed place that brought Rudolf Hess to Scotland in the second world war and a fedora worn by Michael Jackson on his Thriller tour.
The Hon Hugh Crossley, son of Lord and Lady Somerleyton, said that he and his wife Lara are looking forward to tuning in.
He said: “Lara and I very much enjoyed hosting the entire Antiques Roadshow crew and were lucky enough to learn a great deal from the experts too.
“We were thrilled with the turn out which was good enough to make two shows and we are very much looking forward to seeing the first show.”
- 1 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 2 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 3 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 4 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 5 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 6 New Norfolk café is selling out of its custard tarts and Nutella-filled croissants
- 7 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 8 Charity football match to boost Norfolk and Waveney MIND
- 9 Green light for quarry's expansion and longer life
- 10 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
It is estimated that about 2,000 people took their antiques to Somerleyton Hall to be valued by the show's antiques experts in September last year.
The Antiques Roadshow at Somerleyton Hall is on BBC One on Sunday March 7 at 7pm.