Two from Great Yarmouth killed in crash
Sarah Hall Police have appealed for witnesses after four people, including two from the Great Yarmouth area, were killed in crashes on the region's roads over the weekend.
Police have appealed for witnesses after four people, including two from the Great Yarmouth area, were killed in crashes on the region's roads over the weekend.
The pair were killed in a crash yesterday on the A143 Beccles Road at Toft Monks.
The crash, which happened near the junction with Waterloo Road, just after 11.30am, initially involved a blue Peugeot 106 travelling southbound and a silver Mercedes travelling in the opposite direction.
After the Peugeot and the Mercedes crashed, a black Triumph motorbike, which was also travelling southbound on the A143, crashed with the Peugeot.
The driver of the Peugeot, a 46-year-old man from the Great Yarmouth area, died at the scene.
- 1 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 2 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 3 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 4 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 5 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 6 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 7 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 8 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
- 9 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 10 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
The motorbike rider, a 50-year-old man also from the Great Yarmouth area, was flown to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, but his injuries were also fatal.
Norfolk police today confirmed that a 73-year-old from the Norwich area had died when the Ford Fusion he was driving crashed on Saturday .
The crash happened at about 6pm on the B1150 North Walsham road near the junction with the Swanton Abbott Road.
The elderly man's Ford Fusion overturned after it crashed with a silver Vauxhall Astra.
Another man, who was a passenger in the Ford, received head and internal injuries, while the two passengers in the Vauxhall sustained minor injuries.
Earlier on Saturday, a 47-year-old motorcyclist died after a crash on the Norfolk/Cambridgeshire border.
A blue Triumph Daytona motorbike was travelling down the A1101 Elm High Road towards Outwell at 7.30am on Saturday when it crashed with a white Volkswagen van heading in the opposite direction towards Wisbech.
Police have yet to name the people who died.
Anyone who saw the crashes, or who has information about the driving of the vehicles before the tragedies, should contact Norfolk police on 0845 4564567.