Two held after fatal crash
TWO people have been arrested after an elderly man was killed in a hit-and-run crash.Emergency services were called to a man found lying in the road at Rottenstone Lane, Scratby, just after midnight on Sunday morning.
TWO people have been arrested after an elderly man was killed in a hit-and-run crash.
Emergency services were called to a man found lying in the road at Rottenstone Lane, Scratby, just after midnight on Sunday morning.
He was pronounced dead at the scene and said police said he had been hit by a car that failed to stop. On Sunday morning they found a Renault Clio at a holiday park in nearby California which they believe was the car involved in the crash. Later on Sunday two people were arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving. Police said they were not local.
Geoff Freeman, chairman of Ormesby St Margaret with Scratby parish council, said: “It is a terrible tragedy. Some family is having a dreadful weekend.
You may also want to watch:
“Rottenstone Lane does have streetlights but it is just a little village, a hamlet really.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Norfolk Police on 0845 4564567 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 2 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 3 Police seal in place at home of missing vulnerable 83-year-old
- 4 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 5 Euro 2020 crowds blamed for Gorleston Covid spike
- 6 Dismay at appeal ruling on homes bid for site of former registry office
- 7 Testing ramped up after 'extreme rise' in Covid cases in coastal areas
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Almost two dozen arrests on first Saturday after nightclubs open
- 10 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale