Search

Two led to safety after Gorleston fire

PUBLISHED: 12:11 06 July 2009 | UPDATED: 14:20 03 July 2010

TWO people were led to safety following a flat fire in Gorleston last night.

Fire engines from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston were dispatched to Leman Road at about 11.

TWO people were led to safety following a flat fire in Gorleston last night.

Fire engines from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston were dispatched to Leman Road at about 11.30pm following reports of smoke coming from a second floor flat.

On arrival crews found a small fire in a bedroom which took under 20 minutes to extinguish.

Two people were led to safety and a woman was treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation.

Firefighters were on scene until shortly after midnight.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Great Yarmouth Mercury. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Most Read

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Most Read

Latest from the Great Yarmouth Mercury