Two more men from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston arrested in connection with armed robbery
- Credit: Archant
Two more men from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston have been arrested in connection with an armed robbery at a jewellers in Beccles.
A 19-year-old man from Gorleston was arrested yesterday morning after he handed himself in at Lowestoft Police Station.
And two other men – another 19-year-old from Gorleston and a 26-year-old from the Great Yarmouth area – were arrested by officers later yesterday.
On Monday evening police raided three propeties in Great Yarmouth, Gorleston and Burgh Castle in connection with the armed robbery.
All three men have been detained on suspicion of robbery and are currently in custody where they are being interviewed in connection with the incident at Copperfield jewellers in New Market.
Officers were called to the shop at around 4pm on Friday after four armed men threatened the owner before stealing a number of items.
It is understood the suspects then fled the scene on foot in the direction of Ballygate.
- 1 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 2 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 3 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 4 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 5 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 6 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 7 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 8 Church glamping pod plan on ice as £626,000 funding bid awaits approval
- 9 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 10 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
The thieves are believed to have had a shotgun and a knife and all four had their faces covered.
• Police are continuing enquiries and are asking anyone with information to call Lowestoft CID on 101. Alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers, anonymously if required, by dialling 0800 555 111.