UEA assault witness appeal
POLICE are appealing for information following an assault at the University of East Anglia.The incident took place at around 1.10am on Sunday, March 8, as the 19-year-old victim walked home from an event on the campus.
POLICE are appealing for information following an assault at the University of East Anglia.
The incident took place at around 1.10am on Sunday, March 8, as the 19-year-old victim walked home from an event on the campus.
As the woman neared the Sainsbury centre she was grabbed from behind by a man who ran away when she screamed.
Suzanne Crannage, spokeswoman for Norfolk Constabulary, said: “Although the incident took place in the early hours officers believe there could have been a number of people in the area at the time coming back from pubs and clubs.
“The description of the attacker is quite distinctive and we would like to hear from anyone who recognises the description or who may have been approached in a similar way.”
The man is believed to have followed the victim for some distance before grabbing her. He was described as being white, in his early 20s, wearing a white shirt that was not tucked in, dark jeans and a trilby hat.
- 1 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 2 Hotel with 'excellent reputation' up for sale as owner retires
- 3 'A slow down' - Estate agent says housing supply is hitting market
- 4 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 5 Body part investigation continues in Great Yarmouth
- 6 Wimbledon wild card Olivia through to second round in ladies doubles
- 7 Rescue hope for iconic hotel declared 'at risk' by national body
- 8 What the census tells us about Great Yarmouth
- 9 More than half say lights 'too tacky' for Gorleston
- 10 Renewed bid to bulldoze 'ugly mess' country pub for homes
The victim did not require hospital treatment but was left very shaken by the incident.
Witnesses are urged to call PC Sally Jones at Earlham Police Station on 0845 456 4567 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.