UFO lights were not Chinese lanterns
WE'VE had another letter about strange lights in the night sky. This one is from Matt Gooch.“I live in Worlingham and over the last few weeks have seen orange orbs/sphere lights in the sky over Lowestoft.
WE'VE had another letter about strange lights in the night sky. This one is from Matt Gooch.
“I live in Worlingham and over the last few weeks have seen orange orbs/sphere lights in the sky over Lowestoft.
“The first sighting was in August, a craft of some kind hovering over south Lowestoft, then stat travelling south, with a red light travelling much faster than any usual aircraft and in complete silence (you can still hear the rumble from planes when they pass thousands of feet high).
“The second sighting was September 12, two orbs travelling much faster than planes or helicopters travelling from the north to south suddenly changed direction, going upwards then continued in a southerly direction.
You may also want to watch:
“After a bit of a search online I found my sighting tied in with several reports from Lincs to Kent all within the time frame I spotted them, between 8pm and 9 pm.
“On Saturday, September 27, I saw an orange orb travel north and hover over Lowestoft for a few minutes then disappear.
- 1 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 2 Legal challenge over riverside footpath is finally resolved
- 3 Woman threatened with 10in bread knife and two meat cleavers, court told
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Drone captures unique view of Norfolk landmark
- 6 How can Hemsby best be protected from surging seas?
- 7 Bid for four-storey waterside flats on warehouse site
- 8 New dessert restaurant opens in Great Yarmouth
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Free wi-fi launched in Great Yarmouth’s Market Place
“A lot of reports do turn out to be Chinese lanterns that are becoming popular now, so this week I bought some just to see if the "fly" the same. But from what I saw last night when I released two lanterns they are in no way the same; the light, as it's a flame' flickers and the flight of a lantern is very different and basically doesn't look as controlled as the lights I have seen.”