UFO lights were not Chinese lanterns
WE'VE had another letter about strange lights in the night sky. This one is from Matt Gooch.“I live in Worlingham and over the last few weeks have seen orange orbs/sphere lights in the sky over Lowestoft.
WE'VE had another letter about strange lights in the night sky. This one is from Matt Gooch.
“I live in Worlingham and over the last few weeks have seen orange orbs/sphere lights in the sky over Lowestoft.
“The first sighting was in August, a craft of some kind hovering over south Lowestoft, then stat travelling south, with a red light travelling much faster than any usual aircraft and in complete silence (you can still hear the rumble from planes when they pass thousands of feet high).
“The second sighting was September 12, two orbs travelling much faster than planes or helicopters travelling from the north to south suddenly changed direction, going upwards then continued in a southerly direction.
“After a bit of a search online I found my sighting tied in with several reports from Lincs to Kent all within the time frame I spotted them, between 8pm and 9 pm.
“On Saturday, September 27, I saw an orange orb travel north and hover over Lowestoft for a few minutes then disappear.
- 1 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 2 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 3 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 4 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 5 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
- 6 Great Yarmouth Pride march postponed amid council criticism
- 7 5 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Great Yarmouth
- 8 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 9 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 10 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
“A lot of reports do turn out to be Chinese lanterns that are becoming popular now, so this week I bought some just to see if the "fly" the same. But from what I saw last night when I released two lanterns they are in no way the same; the light, as it's a flame' flickers and the flight of a lantern is very different and basically doesn't look as controlled as the lights I have seen.”