Search

Dogs eat suspected rat poison at Broads car park

PUBLISHED: 14:59 21 June 2018 | UPDATED: 20:14 21 June 2018

The suspected rat poison
Picture: Sue Eltringham

The suspected rat poison Picture: Sue Eltringham

Archant

A dog owner has put up warning signs after four dogs she was out walking with are believed to have eaten rat poison by a Broads car park.

A drum placed over the suspected and a warning sign
Picture: Sue EltringhamA drum placed over the suspected and a warning sign Picture: Sue Eltringham

Sue Eltringham, who runs Acle-based Coastal Village Pet Care, had been out walking the dogs at Upton Dyke on Wednesday when they ate a substance they found in bushes by its car park.

The four dogs were taken to a vet who treated them by making them sick and giving them vitamin K.

Mrs Eltringham said she believed the substance was rat poison and said the vet was 99pc convinced it was.

Following the incident she put up warning signs around the car park area and a member of the public had covered the substance with an oil drum.

One of the dogs poisoned was Weimraner Molly.
Picture: Sue EltringhamOne of the dogs poisoned was Weimraner Molly. Picture: Sue Eltringham

Mrs Eltringham has also paid for tests to be carried out on the substance and said that others dogs had also eaten it.

The car park is the responsibilty of Upton Parish Council. Broadland District Council said it had offered help in clearing up the substance.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Great Yarmouth Mercury

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists