Vauxhall Holiday Park nominates Nelson’s Journey as chosen charity
A GREAT Yarmouth holiday park has pledged to support bereaved children by nominating Nelson’s Journey as it’s 2012 charity.
Vauxhall Holiday Park has set aside a brand new Osprey holiday home for the charities exclusive use for six weeks this summer.
This will allow a number of families and support staff, to have a break and take advantage of the organised children’s activities.
The children can meet Louie the lion, splash around in the Indoor Tropical Water World, and mess about in the adventure playing area, while adults can enjoy the entertainment shows in the V-lounge and Regency Room.
Nelson’s Journey supports children and young people under the age of 18, living in Norfolk, who have experienced the death of a significant person in their life. Hannah Biss, Vauxhall Holiday Park marketing manager, said: “We chose Nelson’s Journey because of the fantastic work they do to support local children and young people, as a family holiday park this is something we feel strongly about.
You may also want to watch:
“In addition to providing the holiday home we also plan to hold a number of fundraising events for the charity during the summer.”
Sophie Berry, from Nelson’s Journey said: “We are extremely grateful to Vauxhall Holiday Park for choosing to support Nelson’s Journey. “The team at Vauxhall have recognised the difficulties bereaved families can face and offering them time away is a very generous offer. We look forward to working with the five star park throughout this year.”
- 1 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 'One of the most generous people' - Family pays tribute to town 'legend'
- 4 Girl, 13, injured in hit-and-run outside village shop
- 5 'Nothing worse than shut shops': Relief in Great Yarmouth as lockdown lifts
- 6 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 7 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 8 'An absolute shock' - clifftop cafe closed amid demolition fears
- 9 Cash and jewellery stolen in Gorleston burglary
- 10 Police cordon at cafe and beach ahead of demolition
Hannah is pictured with Sophie from Nelson’s Journey.