Village pub fun day
A charity fun day at a village pub will celebrate a disabled boy's birthday and raise money for mobility equipment.The Jolly Farmer's pub in Ormesby is hosting a range of events in aid of George Howard who lives with a range of life-limiting problems.
A charity fun day at a village pub will celebrate a disabled boy's birthday and raise money for mobility equipment.
The Jolly Farmer's pub in Ormesby is hosting a range of events in aid of George Howard who lives with a range of life-limiting problems.
The climax of the fun will be pharmacist David Matilla's bushy beard shave after months of fundraising and collecting in local shops.
A 10-hour games marathon will see locals compete in a number of challenges and games including traditional pub games such as pool, darts and shove h'penny as well as a couple of unusual such as riding a miniature bike around the village and giant Jenga in the pub garden.
You may also want to watch:
The event is being organised by bar man Luke Woolston and landlord Martin Talbot. Luke said: “I am excited to be a part of this operation, and bringing the local community together is just magic. It makes you remember why we live in Ormesby.”
It all takes place on Saturday July 4 from 12 noon. All welcome - for more details please call the Jolly Farmers on 01493 730471.
- 1 Drone photo shows £26m seafront leisure centre taking shape
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Low turnout in Great Yarmouth
- 3 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 4 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 5 Buy a B&B as nine for sale in 'boom year' for budget hotels
- 6 Historical clock restored after sitting in cellar for 60 years
- 7 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 8 'Water runs down the walls' - Woman, 65, hits out at mouldy council flat
- 9 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 10 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'