Village pub fun day
A charity fun day at a village pub will celebrate a disabled boy's birthday and raise money for mobility equipment.The Jolly Farmer's pub in Ormesby is hosting a range of events in aid of George Howard who lives with a range of life-limiting problems.
A charity fun day at a village pub will celebrate a disabled boy's birthday and raise money for mobility equipment.
The Jolly Farmer's pub in Ormesby is hosting a range of events in aid of George Howard who lives with a range of life-limiting problems.
The climax of the fun will be pharmacist David Matilla's bushy beard shave after months of fundraising and collecting in local shops.
A 10-hour games marathon will see locals compete in a number of challenges and games including traditional pub games such as pool, darts and shove h'penny as well as a couple of unusual such as riding a miniature bike around the village and giant Jenga in the pub garden.
You may also want to watch:
The event is being organised by bar man Luke Woolston and landlord Martin Talbot. Luke said: “I am excited to be a part of this operation, and bringing the local community together is just magic. It makes you remember why we live in Ormesby.”
It all takes place on Saturday July 4 from 12 noon. All welcome - for more details please call the Jolly Farmers on 01493 730471.
- 1 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 2 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 3 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 4 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 6 Potters Resort expands into Essex after acquiring new site
- 7 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 8 'Road to nowhere' after erosion streak at Winterton
- 9 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 10 How Great Yarmouth are you? Take our quiz to find out