Village pub fun day
A charity fun day at a village pub will celebrate a disabled boy's birthday and raise money for mobility equipment.The Jolly Farmer's pub in Ormesby is hosting a range of events in aid of George Howard who lives with a range of life-limiting problems.
A charity fun day at a village pub will celebrate a disabled boy's birthday and raise money for mobility equipment.
The Jolly Farmer's pub in Ormesby is hosting a range of events in aid of George Howard who lives with a range of life-limiting problems.
The climax of the fun will be pharmacist David Matilla's bushy beard shave after months of fundraising and collecting in local shops.
A 10-hour games marathon will see locals compete in a number of challenges and games including traditional pub games such as pool, darts and shove h'penny as well as a couple of unusual such as riding a miniature bike around the village and giant Jenga in the pub garden.
You may also want to watch:
The event is being organised by bar man Luke Woolston and landlord Martin Talbot. Luke said: “I am excited to be a part of this operation, and bringing the local community together is just magic. It makes you remember why we live in Ormesby.”
It all takes place on Saturday July 4 from 12 noon. All welcome - for more details please call the Jolly Farmers on 01493 730471.
- 1 Police searching for Patricia Holland believe her to be dead
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 Shop to reopen after fire which caused 'significant' damage
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 7 Family ‘desperately worried’ for grandmother missing for five days
- 8 Man seriously injured after crash on A149
- 9 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 10 Yarmouth's Sophie McKinna Olympic medal chase starts tomorrow