Volunteers sought for festival
Organisers of Great Yarmouth's Out There festival are seeking 10 volunteers to perform in the showpiece of this year's event.The French street show Bivouac features pyrotechnics, a rock soundtrack and a team of blue-painted men.
Organisers of Great Yarmouth's Out There festival are seeking 10 volunteers to perform in the showpiece of this year's event.
The French street show Bivouac features pyrotechnics, a rock soundtrack and a team of blue-painted men.
Produced by Marseille based G�n�rik Vapeur, Bivouac has been setting streets on fire across Europe for almost 20 years.
Pierre Berthelot, artistic director of G�n�rik Vapeur, visited Great Yarmouth recently to meet representatives from festival organiser SeaChange and scout the route for the street show.
Ten volunteers will be able to perform alongside the company in show which will be making its debut in England.
Laurie Miller-Zutshi, of SeaChange, said: “We're looking for people who are enthusiastic and physically fit. Bivouac is a dynamic, highly physical performance. We're particularly keen to get people with a fitness or sporting background involved.”
- 1 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 2 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 3 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 4 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 5 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
- 6 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 7 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 8 Great Yarmouth Pride march postponed amid council criticism
- 9 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
- 10 Pleasure Beach to hold fireworks spectacular for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
She added: “The scale of show is astounding - G�n�rik Vapeur are famous for their large scale shows which transform a town or landscape - this is a really exciting opportunity to get involved in this year's festival.”
Out There is a street arts festival that takes place on September 18 and 19.
Volunteers need to be physically fit, aged 16 or over and be available for rehearsals during the week of September 12. The performance will be on the evening of September 18. Auditions for volunteers will take place on June 4.
Anyone interested should contact Laurie Miller-Zutshi on 01493 846550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org