Walking Dead villain Negan opens new Great Yarmouth sweet shop
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The opening of a new sweet shop may not seem the best time to have an evil villain menace customers with his fearsome weapon.
But that is exactly what happened in Great Yarmouth as a character from the hit television series The Walking Dead opened I Just Wanna Candy in the Market Gates Shopping Centre with the help of his gruesome baseball bat.
The Negan look-a-like banged on the store’s shutters as they opened for the first time and held his bat called Lucille aloft as he declared: “I hope you got you eating pants on.”
Called UKNegan, the menacing figure then posed with customers for selfies.
The store is owned by Donna Ioannou, who is a fan of The Walking Dead and invited UKNegan to open her shop after meeting him at the Nor-Con convention earlier in the year.
You may also want to watch:
She said she was overwhelmed by the number of people who turned up for the opening.
Mrs Ioannou also has a shop in Regent Street.
- 1 Police arrest man in Gorleston murder probe
- 2 Opening date confirmed for new Sports Direct in town's former M&S
- 3 Murder victim's brother: 'Please help find my beloved sister's killer'
- 4 Man stabbed victim in chest with screwdriver at cemetery
- 5 'Trauma cafe' taking shape in former high street electrical shop
- 6 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 7 Sinkhole appears on busy coastal bus route in Gorleston
- 8 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 9 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree
- 10 Plan for third stand at coastal football ground