Warning after spate of Acle garage thefts
A STEP-UP in garage security around Acle was urged by police after a spate of break-ins in the neighbourhood.
Overnight on Monday, eight garages were broken into at the rear of Langley Road in Cantley and a further three were targeted along Ward Road in Salhouse.
It is believed that the offenders used a sharp implement to force their way into the buildings.
An outboard engine and a socket set in a metal box, Powercraft generator on wheels and two folding chairs were stolen.
Inspector Dave Cuff said: “Officers from the Acle Safer Neighbourhood Team are investigating the break-ins and I would urge anyone with information to contact us”.
You may also want to watch:
To contact Norfolk Constabulary call 0845 456 4567 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 2 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 3 Student nurse's plea after two years of university work stolen from car
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 Yarmouth bridge will not lift until March 2022 as upgrade works delayed
- 6 Vacant Game store hosts walk-in Covid test centre
- 7 Decision on controversial four-storey flats pushed back
- 8 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 9 Shop owners say don't worry about Christmas supplies
- 10 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display