Warning letters sent to drivers
WARNING letters have been sent to drivers caught speeding in Hopton and Belton as part of a policing priority. Officers from the Southern Villages Neighbourhood Policing Team (NPT) have been carrying out speed checks in Hopton on Coast Road and Station Road and on Bracon Road and New Road in Belton.
WARNING letters have been sent to drivers caught speeding in Hopton and Belton as part of a policing priority.
Officers from the Southern Villages Neighbourhood Policing Team (NPT) have been carrying out speed checks in Hopton on Coast Road and Station Road and on Bracon Road and New Road in Belton.
Speeding and parking issues in both areas became a priority for the team in September and in response to local concerns officers have increased patrols and completed several speed checks which resulted in:
Three drivers being given verbal warnings
You may also want to watch:
Seven drivers were sent warning letters
Two people receiving words of advice from officers
- 1 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 2 Man arrested for murder of still missing 83-year-old
- 3 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 4 Man jailed for county lines drug dealing in Great Yarmouth
- 5 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 6 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 7 Suspected murder victim had 'heart of gold' and 'loved life'
- 8 7 big projects in Great Yarmouth and when they are happening
- 9 Funding for Hemsby sea defences a 'significant challenge'
- 10 Euro 2020 crowds blamed for Gorleston Covid spike
Members of the team have worked closely with Hopton Primary School in a bid to educate parents about responsible parking.
For the last three months officers have also been addressing concerns of anti-social behaviour in Burgh Castle, around the community centre and the Fishermans public house.
Increased high-visibility patrols have reduced the problem and the team will continue with its work.
At the recent priority setting meeting panel members agreed these priorities should continue for the next three months.
To contact the southern villages Neighbourhood Policing Team call 0845 4564567 or e-mail email@example.com. To find out more about the team visit www.norfolk.police.uk.