Warning over pick-pockets
SHOPPERS across Norfolk are being urged to be vigilant over the Christmas period following a spate of purse theft.Pick-pockets have been particularly targeting people in the Norwich and Great Yarmouth areas.
SHOPPERS across Norfolk are being urged to be vigilant over the Christmas period following a spate of purse theft.
Pick-pockets have been particularly targeting people in the Norwich and Great Yarmouth areas. Eight incidents were reported to police in the two areas between 11am and 3pm on Wednesday.
Supt Nick Dean, based in Norwich, said: “With the festive season just around the corner now is a perfect time for pick-pockets to operate.
“This is a crime which causes a great deal of stress and inconvenience to the victims. But people can take simple measures to protect their personal possessions.
You may also want to watch:
“Be aware of who is around you, keep your bagged zipped up, be mindful of people bumping into you and be more vigilant when using a cash machine.”
Tips include not keeping you PIN number in your purse; do not carry large amounts of money; be aware of people stand too close; and do not carry your wallet in purse in a back trouser pocket or leave them unattended.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 How Great Yarmouth are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Bid for new affordable homes on 'eyesore' site in Gorleston
- 4 New vintage store opens bigger premises
- 5 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 6 N-Dubz themed bottomless brunch announced for Norfolk
- 7 Picture special: Fire on the Water thrills crowds
- 8 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 9 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 10 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
Contact Norfolk police on 0845 45674567.