We're satisfied with our GPs
Patients across Great Yarmouth and Waveney have said they are more satisfied with their doctor than in any other part of the region.Members of the public across the east of England were asked to rate their GP over the last year on how satisfied they were.
Patients across Great Yarmouth and Waveney have said they are more satisfied with their doctor than in any other part of the region.
Members of the public across the east of England were asked to rate their GP over the last year on how satisfied they were.
The NHS East of England survey found that patients in the NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney area overall were 79.6pc satisfied with their GP. The figure was the highest for the whole of the East Anglian region.
Dr Jamie Wyllie, practising GP and Chair of the Clinical Executive Committee at NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney, said: “It's great news that so many of our local GP practices are getting it right for their patients.
“This survey places us at the top of the table for patient satisfaction in the east of England, so local people can see how important our practices consider their experience to be.
“I think it should make us proud of our practice teams and all the hard work they put in for their patients.”
- 1 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 2 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 3 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 4 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 5 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 6 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 7 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
- 8 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 9 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 10 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
Patients were asked five questions, including how satisfied they were with GP opening hours which they scored GPs in the Great Yarmouth and Waveney area 85.4pc satisfied, seeing their preferred GP, which came in at 82.1pc and how able they were to see a doctor fairly quickly, which was scored 86.1pc.
Dr Wyllie added: “These results should also reassure everyone living in the area that they have access to some class leading services, which is a fantastic result. “Nonetheless I'm certain our practices will not rest on their laurels but will want to aim even higher. We want all of our patients to be happy with the services they receive which are bought for them by NHS GYW.”