Hospital death toll from Covid-19 passes 150
- Credit: Simon Stevens
A further death of a patient who had tested positive for Covid-19 has been recorded at a Norfolk hospital.
Gorleston's James Paget University Hospital announced the death of the man in his 70s via its website.
A statement said: "Sadly, we can confirm that a man who was being cared for at the James Paget University Hospital, who had tested positive for Covid-19, has died.
"The patient was in his 70s and had underlying health conditions.
"His family has been informed and our thoughts and condolences are with them at this difficult time."
You may also want to watch:
It brings the total number to have died at the hospital with coronavirus to 151.
Meanwhile, latest figures show cases of the virus have fallen significantly in Great Yarmouth, from 182.2 cases to 104.7 cases per 100,000.
- 1 Four fish and chip shops listed among the best in the country
- 2 Man staged his own kidnap to get ransom from his family
- 3 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 4 Watch our virtual tour of Pleasure Beach's new Snails and Fairytales ride
- 5 Council to splash out £1.9m on Great Yarmouth town centre
- 6 Trio from Great Yarmouth charged with Norwich betting shop robbery
- 7 New surface planned for 'muddy' track popular with walkers
- 8 'We're going to be rammed' - pubs bracing for weekend revelry
- 9 Deliveroo to launch in Great Yarmouth with 45 restaurants signed up
- 10 Our verdict on the new Giant Wheel on Great Yarmouth seafront