Hospital death toll from Covid-19 passes 150
- Credit: Simon Stevens
A further death of a patient who had tested positive for Covid-19 has been recorded at a Norfolk hospital.
Gorleston's James Paget University Hospital announced the death of the man in his 70s via its website.
A statement said: "Sadly, we can confirm that a man who was being cared for at the James Paget University Hospital, who had tested positive for Covid-19, has died.
"The patient was in his 70s and had underlying health conditions.
"His family has been informed and our thoughts and condolences are with them at this difficult time."
You may also want to watch:
It brings the total number to have died at the hospital with coronavirus to 151.
Meanwhile, latest figures show cases of the virus have fallen significantly in Great Yarmouth, from 182.2 cases to 104.7 cases per 100,000.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 3 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 4 Man seriously injured after crash on A149
- 5 Family ‘desperately worried’ for grandmother missing for five days
- 6 Forensic officers back as hunt for missing Patricia Holland in fifth day
- 7 Public urged to check outbuildings as fears grow for missing woman
- 8 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 9 From rock n roll to full throttle - Norfolk woman joins motor sport
- 10 Britain's Got Talent performer to host comedy special in Gorleston