Hospital death toll from Covid-19 passes 150
- Credit: Simon Stevens
A further death of a patient who had tested positive for Covid-19 has been recorded at a Norfolk hospital.
Gorleston's James Paget University Hospital announced the death of the man in his 70s via its website.
A statement said: "Sadly, we can confirm that a man who was being cared for at the James Paget University Hospital, who had tested positive for Covid-19, has died.
"The patient was in his 70s and had underlying health conditions.
"His family has been informed and our thoughts and condolences are with them at this difficult time."
You may also want to watch:
It brings the total number to have died at the hospital with coronavirus to 151.
Meanwhile, latest figures show cases of the virus have fallen significantly in Great Yarmouth, from 182.2 cases to 104.7 cases per 100,000.
- 1 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 2 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 3 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 4 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 6 Potters Resort expands into Essex after acquiring new site
- 7 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 8 'Road to nowhere' after erosion streak at Winterton
- 9 How Great Yarmouth are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 New vintage store opens bigger premises