Norfolk and Suffolk set for mini heatwave with 28C temperatures
- Credit: Brittany Woodman
Norfolk and Suffolk are set for a "mini heatwave" as temperatures are expected to soar.
Weatherquest, based at the University of East Anglia in Norwich, has predicted parts of Norfolk will reach 28C on Tuesday and Wednesday.
A spookesman said: "Temperatures in the county are expected to reach 27C on Monday and 28C on Tuesday and Wednesday.
"The warmest places are likely to be away from the immediate coast, with the south west of the county most favoured to reach these highs such as Thetford."
The weather changes are being brought about by increasing high pressure and a southerly wind.
You may also want to watch:
It comes as welcome news to sun lovers after days of cloud and disappointing temperatures.
The forceaster confirmed: “Early next week high pressure will be in control and the winds will start to turn more southerly as well and from Monday we will see more in the way of sunshine for the most part.
- 1 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 3 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 4 Student nurse's plea after two years of university work stolen from car
- 5 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 6 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 7 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 8 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs
- 9 Vacant Game store hosts walk-in Covid test centre
- 10 Yarmouth bridge will not lift until March 2022 as upgrade works delayed
“This will be one of the warmest spells of weather we have had in a while."