North Norfolk coast hit by 53mph winds but calmer Sunday expected
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
Strong gusts of wind are expected throughout the day in Norfolk with a maximum speed of around 50mph inland.
A meteorologist from Norwich-based forecasting company Weatherquest said the strongest winds this morning have been recorded at Weybourne on the north Norfolk coast.
Gusts reached a maximum speed of 53mph there, while the rest of the region has had wind speeds in the region of 35-40mph.
Strong south-westerly winds are expected for the rest of the day with Weatherquest expecting maximum speeds to reach 45-50mph.
Some areas on the coast could even see wind speeds reach as high as 55mph, but the weather is expected to ease overnight.
You may also want to watch:
Heading into Sunday, it is expected the winds will move north-west with breezy, but light to moderate winds, predicted.
Gusts could reach up to 40mph at times tomorrow, but are expected to be below that for most of the day.
- 1 Barber seeks sender of anonymous gift to say 'thank you'
- 2 Historic seaside pub reveals £60,000 B&B rooms
- 3 Towering garden tipi proves a hit with al fresco drinkers
- 4 Third Subway looks set to open in town
- 5 Vandals force knitters to remove 22 yarn bombs from village
- 6 Homeowner punched and kicked after finding burglar stealing items from shed
- 7 Bid for 10,000 names on Acle Straight petition
- 8 'We'll survive' - Town market traders hopeful as £5.3m work begins
- 9 Guided Great Yarmouth walks aiming to improve mental wellbeing
- 10 National pizza chain eyes high street beauty salon