Weather warning for heavy rain issued for Norfolk
- Credit: The Met Office
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for heavy rain across Norfolk this weekend.
The warning, which covers all of East Anglia, is in place from midnight through to around 6am on Sunday.
Heavy rain and showers are expected to develop on Saturday night and persist into the early hours of Sunday morning.
While many areas will miss the worst of the weather, others could see 20mm to 40mm of rainfall in less than three hours - potentially leading to flooding and disruption on the roads.
The warning states flooding of a few homes and businesses is likely, local transport such as bus and train services will "probably" be affected with journey times taking longer.
You may also want to watch:
Spray and flooding on roads may increase journey times.
- 1 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 2 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 3 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs
- 4 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 6 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 7 Gorleston high street closed this week for emergency gas works
- 8 They started life in lockdown - but how are these businesses doing now?
- 9 Award-winning Halloween event returns to Great Yarmouth this half term
- 10 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways