Weather warning issued for thunderstorms in Norfolk and Waveney
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A weather warning for heavy rain and thunderstorms has been issued for Norfolk and Waveney.
The areas are included in the Met Office's yellow weather warning which says some places may get up to 20mm of rain in an hour.
The warning is in place until 6pm on Sunday, January 2, 2022.
Meteorologists warn that heavy rain and thunderstorms will move quickly east, creating a period where 15 to 20mm of rain could fall.
Lightning, hail and strong winds may accompany the rain, with a risk that some places could see gusts of up to 50mph.
Drivers could experience spray and sudden flooding which may lead to difficult driving conditions, and potential road closures.
Forecasters also warn that there is a slight chance of power cuts, damage to trees and buildings, and there may be disruption to train and bus services.
- 1 7 famous faces with Great Yarmouth links
- 2 'There will be a huge impact' - Councillor's fears ahead of 665 homes vote
- 3 Town road works extended due to depression in road surface
- 4 Man killed 96-year-old bystander in road rage crash
- 5 Where you can watch fireworks in Great Yarmouth this summer
- 6 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 7 Care home says changes have been made after damning inspection report
- 8 Pupils put best feet forward to celebrate their school's 150th anniversary
- 9 Marine company feeling buoyant after securing pilot launch contract
- 10 Hotel with 'excellent reputation' up for sale as owner retires
Areas covered by the weather warning include Norwich, Stalham, Wymondham, Attleborough, Great Yarmouth, Acle, Lowestoft, Beccles, Bungay, and Diss.