Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- Credit: Met Office
A yellow weather warning has been issued by the Met Office for Norfolk and Waveney as wintry showers overnight are expected to cause icy conditions.
The weather warning is in place for Wednesday night and into Thursday morning, as icy patches are expected to form.
The yellow weather warning covers all of Norfolk and goes as far south as Aldeburgh in Suffolk.
The wintry showers will fall as a mixture of sleet and snow across parts of Norfolk and Suffolk, although it is unlikely to fall near the coast.
The Met Office says there is a risk of injury from slips and falls on icy surfaces.
Icy patches on untreated roads, pavements and cycle paths are also expected to cause slippery conditions.
Roads and railways could be affected by ice and the possible snowfall, resulting in longer journey times, Met Office added.
- 1 House of Fun! When Madness video was shot at Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach
- 2 'I was in a dark place' - Woman 'saved' by messages on town's pier
- 3 Hot tub wrecked after car smashes through garden wall from Wilkos car park
- 4 Five Great Yarmouth properties with stunning sea views
- 5 Great Yarmouth's branch of Costa closed for refurbishment
- 6 Inquest into death of woman during cosmetic surgery in Turkey delayed
- 7 Retired army general joins ranks of Great Yarmouth company
- 8 Lovely jubbly! Only Fools and Horses tribute show heads to town
- 9 Brick thrown through window in spate of burglaries in Great Yarmouth area
- 10 5 TV shows and films shot in Norfolk getting released in 2022