Week-old pups dumped in bag
SIX tiny black puppies were found dumped in a black plastic bag near private boarding kennels in Norfolk.The bag was discovered early yesterday morning by a member of staff at the kennels near King's Lynn after they saw the bag moving.
SIX tiny black puppies were found dumped in a black plastic bag near private boarding kennels in Norfolk.
The bag was discovered early yesterday morning by a member of staff at the kennels near King's Lynn after they saw the bag moving. It is thought they had been left there some time during the night.
The puppies are aged between a week and 10-days-old and still have their eyes shut.
There are three males and three females and they are thought to be Labrador-type dogs.
You may also want to watch:
RSPCA rehoming coordinator for the Norfolk West branch, Penny Skate, said: “The puppies are being cared for by fosterers and are responding well to being hand-fed. We are extremely concerned for the welfare of their mother as she would still be producing milk to feed them and could develop an infection or complications.*
“Also, it is worrying to think about how the mother dog is being cared for if the owner is capable of dumping six tiny puppies with little thought for their well-being.”
- 1 Dismay at appeal ruling on homes bid for site of former registry office
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Woman whose house was bombed in the war celebrates 100th birthday
- 5 Testing ramped up after 'extreme rise' in Covid cases in coastal areas
- 6 Great Yarmouth bakery forced to close after it was 'condemned dangerous'
- 7 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 8 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 9 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
- 10 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
The RSPCA is asking anyone who has seen anything suspicious, or knows someone who until recently owned a black Labrador-type dog and puppies, to call 01485 541141 in confidence.