Week-old pups dumped in bag
SIX tiny black puppies were found dumped in a black plastic bag near private boarding kennels in Norfolk.The bag was discovered early yesterday morning by a member of staff at the kennels near King's Lynn after they saw the bag moving.
SIX tiny black puppies were found dumped in a black plastic bag near private boarding kennels in Norfolk.
The bag was discovered early yesterday morning by a member of staff at the kennels near King's Lynn after they saw the bag moving. It is thought they had been left there some time during the night.
The puppies are aged between a week and 10-days-old and still have their eyes shut.
There are three males and three females and they are thought to be Labrador-type dogs.
You may also want to watch:
RSPCA rehoming coordinator for the Norfolk West branch, Penny Skate, said: “The puppies are being cared for by fosterers and are responding well to being hand-fed. We are extremely concerned for the welfare of their mother as she would still be producing milk to feed them and could develop an infection or complications.*
“Also, it is worrying to think about how the mother dog is being cared for if the owner is capable of dumping six tiny puppies with little thought for their well-being.”
- 1 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 2 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 3 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 4 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 5 Potters Resort expands into Essex after acquiring new site
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 7 'Road to nowhere' after erosion streak at Winterton
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 10 No further action over arson and fraud allegation at care home
The RSPCA is asking anyone who has seen anything suspicious, or knows someone who until recently owned a black Labrador-type dog and puppies, to call 01485 541141 in confidence.