Price of Gorleston’s new beach huts and on sale date revealed
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The price of Gorleston’s proposed new beach huts has been revealed.
The colourful new wooden huts for the town’s seafront will go on public sale from 9am on Monday, October 15, via Aldreds Estate Agents.
And Great Yarmouth Borough Council has revealed that buyers will be forking out £19,800 for one of the 70 huts, plus £900 in annual ground rent (both VAT inclusive).
The new huts, on the Lower Esplanade, will measure 3x3 metres, including a veranda and double doors, and will be built of wood with a pitched roof.
Owners can choose to paint their beach hut in a wide variety of colours. Under an associated 25-year ground rent lease, owners will also have access to a dedicated amenity block, with wash basins and toilets.
Owners will be responsible for the upkeep of their huts, including painting, repairs, maintenance, insurance and arranging any resale.
The borough council is placing a public notice in the Great Yarmouth Mercury this Friday (September 28) to notify that Aldreds Estate Agents is the appointed agent undertaking the sales and marketing on the council’s behalf.
- 1 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 2 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 3 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 4 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 5 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 6 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 7 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 8 Green light for quarry's expansion and longer life
- 9 Church glamping pod plan on ice as £626,000 funding bid awaits approval
- 10 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
The beach huts will be released in phases of 20. Aldreds will start marketing on Thursday, October 4, and the huts will be available to purchase, subject to contract, from 9am on Monday, October 15.
All enquiries to Aldreds Estate Agents Ltd, 116a High Street, Gorleston, NR31 6RE. Telephone: 01493 664600
Cllr Carl Smith, deputy council leader, said: “The popularity of beach huts has seen a revival in the UK in recent years and they are very much in demand.
“Together with the new splashpad and Changing Places Toilet, these beach huts will further boost Gorleston as a popular destination.
“This is a great opportunity to get your very own brand new beach hut on Gorleston’s famous and popular Edwardian seafront. Our sales are taking place through a fair and transparent process. Please direct all enquiries to Aldred’s Gorleston office.
“The purchase price follows independent valuation and is within the asking price range for beach huts, so we’re expecting lots of interest. The money raised will support vital public services which everyone will benefit from.”
• What do you think of the pricing? Let us know by emailing email@example.com