Petrol station wants to permanently extend its opening hours
- Credit: Google Maps
A petrol station is looking to extend its hours permanently after a year-long trial.
The White Horse Service Station in Beccles Road, Gorleston, wants to open from 5am to midnight seven days a week, an additional three hours a day.
Under the changes all fuel and shop purchases will take place through the night hatch in the early morning and late at night.
More than 30 homes in the Church Road, Beccles Road, and Stone Cross Court areas are being asked what they think.
Initially the applicant Motor Fuel Group asked for 24 hour opening citing busier lifestyles that start earlier than they did in 1993 when the petrol station was built.
You may also want to watch:
The bid, which was later withdrawn, drew opposition from neighbours who said there were enough 24-hour service stations in the area.
One respondent said if allowed the site would be “lit up like something out of Close Encounters of the Third Kind.”
- 1 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 2 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 3 'The most difficult one yet' - Knitting queen displays her latest creation
- 4 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 5 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 6 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 7 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 8 Road closed for two days for resurfacing
- 9 'Give it back' - Man's plea after his moped is stolen
- 10 Warning about ‘you’re wanted for arrest’ cold call tax scam
The proposal was withdrawn and a new one submitted.
Temporary approval was given last November for the new hours.
In the early morning and late at night shop and fuel purchases will be made through a hatch.
Use of the car wash will also be restricted to certain hours as will deliveries.
Supporting documents state: “It is fair and reasonable, relevant for the sustainability of the station and controllable by the local planning authority to allow permanent 5am to midnight opening.”
MORE: Gorleston’s White Horse Filling Station wants to open 24 hours