Whiskery way to raise cash
CLEAN-shaven men are being asked to put away the razor for a month to raise funds for Norfolk and Waveney's cancer charity. The Big C is asking men to grow a beard or moustache during February and get sponsorship for the charity at the same time.
CLEAN-shaven men are being asked to put away the razor for a month to raise funds for Norfolk and Waveney's cancer charity.
The Big C is asking men to grow a beard or moustache during February and get sponsorship for the charity at the same time.
Marketing manager Sharon Hulbert said: “We wanted to give something for the men to take part in, as so much of the money we raise is for equipment and research into cancers that affect men, including prostate cancer. This is also a great excuse to avoid shaving for a whole month and see the results.
“We would love to see the before and after photos so that we can judge the most impressive beards and moustaches at the end of the month. We would also like companies to get behind the idea and support their staff, perhaps by running their own company competitions.”
You may also want to watch:
Sponsorship packs, including a form and pictures of some beards and moustaches for inspiration, are available from the Big C. To register, call Sharon Hulbert on 01603 619900 or e-mail email@example.com.
- 1 Woman's appeal against condition on pub conversion rejected
- 2 7 things you may have missed in Great Yarmouth since lockdown
- 3 Fight back against plans for supermarket 'in wrong place' on A47
- 4 Police on scene in village 'just in case' as person taken to hospital
- 5 Hotel and restaurant for sale for £150,000 less two years on
- 6 A47 closed after crash as oil and debris cleared up
- 7 Hunt for silver VW Golf after man seriously injured in hit-and-run
- 8 New escape room to open in Great Yarmouth
- 9 'They're so good' - Couple shielding for year praise 'lifeline' charity
- 10 Fake £50 notes used to buy items on Facebook