Whiskery way to raise cash
CLEAN-shaven men are being asked to put away the razor for a month to raise funds for Norfolk and Waveney's cancer charity. The Big C is asking men to grow a beard or moustache during February and get sponsorship for the charity at the same time.
CLEAN-shaven men are being asked to put away the razor for a month to raise funds for Norfolk and Waveney's cancer charity.
The Big C is asking men to grow a beard or moustache during February and get sponsorship for the charity at the same time.
Marketing manager Sharon Hulbert said: “We wanted to give something for the men to take part in, as so much of the money we raise is for equipment and research into cancers that affect men, including prostate cancer. This is also a great excuse to avoid shaving for a whole month and see the results.
“We would love to see the before and after photos so that we can judge the most impressive beards and moustaches at the end of the month. We would also like companies to get behind the idea and support their staff, perhaps by running their own company competitions.”
You may also want to watch:
Sponsorship packs, including a form and pictures of some beards and moustaches for inspiration, are available from the Big C. To register, call Sharon Hulbert on 01603 619900 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 3 Ghostly photos show deserted Yarmouth in lockdown
- 4 Firearms collector, 72, jailed for having illegal shotgun and pistol
- 5 Police close probe into 'terrifying' Armani armed robbery
- 6 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 7 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 8 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 9 Council pay out six claims to drivers after car park ramp damaged vehicles
- 10 Inquest rules 'witty and strong-willed' 26-year-old's death accidental