Great Yarmouth B&B named one of the country’s best
- Credit: Archant © 2011
A Great Yarmouth bed and breakfast has been named as one of the very best in the country by a travel website.
The White Lodge, on Marine Crescent, has earned a place in the United Kingdom’s top 25 bed and breakfasts on Trip Advisor, a website which allows guests to review their stays at various places around the world.
The bed and breakfast, which is run by Jean Minchin and husband Eddie Minchin, placed at 23rd in the national list, which also saw it named as the site’s Travellers’ Choice for Great Yarmouth.
The 10 bed B&B has received glowing reviews from its guests, with 95pc of the 963 reviews it has received rating it as a perfect five out of five.
Mrs Minchin, who has been running the White Lodge for 10 years, said: “It was actually a guest who told me we had been named in the list and I was delighted. It was certainly a very nice surprise.
You may also want to watch:
“We have been here 10 years now and when I bought it we had to start from scratch and build from there, so it is really nice feedback to receive.”
Among its gushing reviews, guests have described it was a “fantastic place to stay” and “first class”.
- 1 Giant Wheel soon to be 'operational' on popular seafront
- 2 Drivers delivering for Amazon have hundreds of pounds of pay withheld
- 3 Pubs and shops to open on Monday: what else can I do when restrictions are eased?
- 4 'Completely new arcade' - Nine businesses to open in historic mall
- 5 Follow rules for 'smooth' reopening from April 12 urges public health team
- 6 'Heartbreak' as lifeboat struggles to launch from eroded beach
- 7 'It is fantastic': Joy as youth football takes centre stage once more
- 8 'Rain or shine, people can dine' - Seaside hotel to open al fresco style
- 9 Coastal erosion: Help for clifftop homeowner as he considers 'plan Z'
- 10 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
Mrs Minchin added: “I like to think we keep the place spotless and we do a cooked breakfast that people really seem to enjoy.
“I try my best to read people as they come in and treat them in the way I feel they would like to be treated, so to get such nice feedback is really lovely.
“I love the fact that so many of the faces we see return year after year.”
It is not the first time its reviews have earned it accolades - in 2015 it was named as the top hotel in the East of England by another hotel website - Trivago- while in 2011 it scooped ‘friendliest B&B’ on eviivo.Along with helping Mrs Minchin at the White Lodge, Mr Minchin also runs his own restaurant on the town’s seafront - Eddie’s Diner on Marine Parade.