Great Yarmouth B&B named one of the country’s best
- Credit: Archant © 2011
A Great Yarmouth bed and breakfast has been named as one of the very best in the country by a travel website.
The White Lodge, on Marine Crescent, has earned a place in the United Kingdom’s top 25 bed and breakfasts on Trip Advisor, a website which allows guests to review their stays at various places around the world.
The bed and breakfast, which is run by Jean Minchin and husband Eddie Minchin, placed at 23rd in the national list, which also saw it named as the site’s Travellers’ Choice for Great Yarmouth.
The 10 bed B&B has received glowing reviews from its guests, with 95pc of the 963 reviews it has received rating it as a perfect five out of five.
Mrs Minchin, who has been running the White Lodge for 10 years, said: “It was actually a guest who told me we had been named in the list and I was delighted. It was certainly a very nice surprise.
You may also want to watch:
“We have been here 10 years now and when I bought it we had to start from scratch and build from there, so it is really nice feedback to receive.”
Among its gushing reviews, guests have described it was a “fantastic place to stay” and “first class”.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 3 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 4 Police close probe into 'terrifying' Armani armed robbery
- 5 Businesses shut by lockdown to get one-off payment of up to £9,000
- 6 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 7 Firearms collector, 72, jailed for having illegal shotgun and pistol
- 8 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 9 75th wedding anniversary for couple who 'love each other to bits'
- 10 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
Mrs Minchin added: “I like to think we keep the place spotless and we do a cooked breakfast that people really seem to enjoy.
“I try my best to read people as they come in and treat them in the way I feel they would like to be treated, so to get such nice feedback is really lovely.
“I love the fact that so many of the faces we see return year after year.”
It is not the first time its reviews have earned it accolades - in 2015 it was named as the top hotel in the East of England by another hotel website - Trivago- while in 2011 it scooped ‘friendliest B&B’ on eviivo.Along with helping Mrs Minchin at the White Lodge, Mr Minchin also runs his own restaurant on the town’s seafront - Eddie’s Diner on Marine Parade.