Who ate all the pies? Great Yarmouth did!
SWEET toothed residents in Great Yarmouth munch through more mince pies than anywhere in the country, a survey has revealed.
Food fans in the market town have bought more of the sweet Yuletide treats in the last 12 months than anywhere else in the UK, and their penchant for pies is set to be celebrated with a special visit from Santa.
St Nick will be bringing a spectacular snow show to Great Yarmouth’s branch of 99p Stores giving shoppers an early white Christmas - and will also be chowing down on plenty of mince pies during the day of entertainment.
The festive event has been organised by 99p Stores, which conducted the survey that puts Great Yarmouth at the top of the tree when it comes to mince pie sales.
And to celebrate the town’s all-year-round love for the popular pie the value chain is also on the lookout for the ‘most Christmas mad person in Great Yarmouth’.
It is launching a search for the individual or family that celebrates Yuletide 365 days a year, with the winner being presented with a 99p Store Christmas Hamper.
Entries should be emailed to email@example.com by November 30.
- 1 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 2 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 3 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 4 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 5 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 6 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 7 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 8 Church glamping pod plan on ice as £626,000 funding bid awaits approval
- 9 Green light for quarry's expansion and longer life
- 10 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
Santa will be visiting Great Yarmouth’s 99p Store at Market Gates Shopping Centre on Saturday, November 24.