Former M&S store is boarded up in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
The former M&S store in Great Yarmouth town centre has seen its doorways boarded up on the request of the borough council.
Great Yarmouth Borough Council had asked the building’s owner to board up the entry points, which are used by rough sleepers.
The move comes as the council looks at ways to bring the store back into use.
It had closed nearly three years ago.
Some people had expressed concerned about the future of a rough sleeper who frequented a doorway at the former store.
There is a M&S Simply Food Store on the Gapton Hall Estate.
The boarding up also comes as mystery continues to surround who or which organisation purchased the former BHS store in the town centre.
- 1 New Norfolk café is selling out of its custard tarts and Nutella-filled croissants
- 2 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 3 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 4 Village gets together to repair empty home for Ukrainian refugees
- 5 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 6 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 7 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 8 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 9 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
- 10 Consultant maps his medical journey
It was sold before an auction on December 5. The guide price was between £500,000 and £700,000 and the site comprised a total of 2,957.85 sq m (31,837 sq ft).