Winterton friendship club enjoys its annual holiday
- Credit: Winterton Friendship Group
Members of Winterton Friendship Club travelled on their annual holiday to Warner’s Alvaston Hall, Cheshire.
They visited the National Arboretum at Alrewas and then party had a tour of the grounds by land train.
A day later saw a visit to Chester, taking an open top bus tour then visiting the Roman ruins and city wall, before dancing the night away to an Abba tribute act. On the Wednesday morning they headed into Wales to Llangollen.
They boarded the steam train for a scenic trip through the valley and a photo opportunity at the pretty station of Carrog.
On the Thursday there was trip to the nearby market town of Nantwich, leaving the afternoon free to enjoy the hotel’s entertainment.
You may also want to watch:
The return journey included a stop at Springfields Spalding. The club thanked coach driver, Andrew of Reynold’s of Caister for putting together such an enjoyable week. The club hope next year to return to a Warner’s Leisure Resort. Picture: Andrew Flynn
- 1 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 2 'The most difficult one yet' - Knitting queen displays her latest creation
- 3 'Appalling' - bid for flat-pack flats sparks anger on coast
- 4 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 5 Fresh bid to knock down village pub for homes and shops
- 6 Woman missing from residential home found 'safe and well' after search
- 7 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 8 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 9 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 10 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer