Search

Witness plea on bus incident

PUBLISHED: 12:03 21 March 2010 | UPDATED: 17:09 30 June 2010

BUS company First has confirmed it is investigating an incident in which a pedestrian was allegedly hit by a bus in the centre of Gorleston.

First spokeswoman Chelsea De Silva appealed for more inform-ation after Geoffrey Chandler, 47, said he was struck on the right shoulder and knocked off his feet in High Street.

BUS company First has confirmed it is investigating an incident in which a pedestrian was allegedly hit by a bus in the centre of Gorleston.

First spokeswoman Chelsea De Silva appealed for more inform-ation after Geoffrey Chandler, 47, said he was struck on the right shoulder and knocked off his feet in High Street.

Gorleston man Mr Chandler said he was walking towards the Wilkinsons store and was about 10 inches from the kerb. He suffered swelling around his shoulder and neck and was taken to hospital to receive treatment. He added: “You don't expect to be hit by a bus walking along the pavement. I was shocked by the whole experience.”

Ms De Silva said: “We are aware of the alleged incident in Gorleston on January 28 and we are dealing with this matter internally and liaising with Mr Chandler's solicitors. We have not yet heard from the police about this matter, but as always we shall comply with all their investigations.”

Last week, police spokesman Jon Dack confirmed that police were investigating and had spoken to witnesses and viewed CCTV footage.

Most Read

Latest from the Great Yarmouth Mercury

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists