Woman dies in A47 crash
A woman has died and a young child seriously injured after a crash involving a lorry and a car on the A47 near King's Lynn this morning. It was expected the road, one of the major trunk roads into Norfolk, is to be shut for several hours following the crash.
A woman has died and a young child seriously injured after a crash involving a lorry and a car on the A47 near King's Lynn this morning.
It was expected the road, one of the major trunk roads into Norfolk, is to be shut for several hours following the crash.
Police, fire fighters and ambulance crews were called to the scene, at East Winch, at about 10am. The police helicopter and air ambulance were also called to the crash site.
The female driver of the car died at the scene, the ambulance service said. A two year old child in the car has been taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) in King's Lynn with serious injuries.
You may also want to watch:
A passenger in the car was trapped but was released by the fire brigade. The driver of the lorry was said not to be seriously injured but was also taken to the QEH for checks.
Police and the fire service members are at still at the scene, which is expected to be blocked off for several hours. Five fire crews from King's Lynn and Swaffham had originally been called to attend. Two were still on scene at about 11.30am.
- 1 One person left with serious injuries after Yarmouth crash
- 2 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 3 Burglars make off with bird equipment after Great Yarmouth break in
- 4 Police appeal after motorcyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 5 Hope steps seen in Danny Boyle's Yesterday will get much-needed repairs
- 6 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways
- 7 Road shuts in Great Yarmouth after crash involving two cars
- 8 Meet the Yarmouth firm on tonight's Grand Designs
- 9 Woman suffers fatal heart attack in ambulance outside Paget
- 10 'How can they do this to mum' - Anger as 87-year-old dumped at care home
A police investigation is underway.