Woman foils Gorleston biker bag swipe
WITNESSES are being sought by detectives in Great Yarmouth following an attempted robbery in Gorleston.
The incident happened at about midday on Monday, January 10, as the 78-year-old victim was walking along the High Street from the library towards the Post Office.
It was at this point that the victim approached by a man on a bike, who tried to snatch her handbag.
The elderly woman managed to hold on to her handbag and the would-be robber left the scene empty handed cycling towards department store QD.
The victim was unharmed but left shaken and police would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident or has information concerning it.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are particularly keen to speak to an elderly man, believed to be in his late 70s to early 80s, who witnessed the incident and shouted at the would-be robber.
Anyone with information should contact DC Kerrie Atkin at Great Yarmouth CID on 0845 456 4567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 2 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 3 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 6 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 7 They started life in lockdown - but how are these businesses doing now?
- 8 Gorleston high street closed this week for emergency gas works
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 Award-winning Halloween event returns to Great Yarmouth this half term