Woman hurt after hitting bridge
A young woman was taken to hospital yesterday after she sustained chest and head injuries after hitting a low bridge.The accident occurred just before 9.
A young woman was taken to hospital yesterday after she sustained chest and head injuries after hitting a low bridge.
The accident occurred just before 9.45am while the 24-year-old was on a boat at Crown Cruisers Ltd's marina in Somerleyton, near Lowestoft.
The extent of the woman's injuries were unknown yesterday.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance was called to attend but was not needed to take her to hospital. After treatment by paramedics, the victim was taken to James Paget Hospital in Gorleston by land ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk police confirmed they were informed of the accident, which occurred near The Street in Somerleyton, but did not attend.
- 1 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs
- 6 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 7 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 8 They started life in lockdown - but how are these businesses doing now?
- 9 Gorleston high street closed this week for emergency gas works
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed