Woman in her 60s dies following Gorleston fire
Noah Vickers and James Weeds
- Credit: James Weeds
A woman has died following a fire in Gorleston on Friday morning.
Officers were called just before 9.10am to assist Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service following reports of a fire at an address in Cherwell Way.
A woman, aged in her 60s, was found inside the property but was sadly declared dead at the scene.
The woman’s death is being treated as unexplained but it is not believed to be suspicious at this time.
Norfolk Police are working with Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service to establish the circumstances leading up to the fire and a file will be prepared for the coroner ahead of an inquest which will take place in due course.
Brasenose Avenue in Gorleston, near Great Yarmouth, was initially closed to traffic on Friday morning after police were called to the scene just before 9.10am.
Three police cars, a forensic services vehicle, a fire engine, a fire marshal van and two medical first responders could be seen parked at the side of the road.
- 1 Police arrest man in Gorleston murder probe
- 2 Opening date confirmed for new Sports Direct in town's former M&S
- 3 Murder victim's brother: 'Please help find my beloved sister's killer'
- 4 Man stabbed victim in chest with screwdriver at cemetery
- 5 'Trauma cafe' taking shape in former high street electrical shop
- 6 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 7 Sinkhole appears on busy coastal bus route in Gorleston
- 8 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 9 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree
- 10 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
A fire marshal at the scene said the fire was dealt with quickly, and that the investigation has begun into the cause.