Woman rescued from River Yare
A WOMAN lost consciousness after she jumped into the River Yare last night . Police were called to the waters edge on the Cobholm side of the river at about 9.
A WOMAN lost consciousness after she jumped into the River Yare last night .
Police were called to the waters edge on the Cobholm side of the river at about 9.40pm after receiving reports that a woman was threatening to jump into the river.
Coastguards were alerted and Gorleston's RNLI inshore lifeboat was put on standby.
Minutes later the woman jumped into the river and a coastguard threw her a life ring.
She grabbed on to it for a short while before falling unconscious.
The lifeboat was immediately on scene and dragged the woman on to the boat.
- 1 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 2 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 3 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 4 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 5 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 6 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 7 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 8 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
- 9 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 10 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
She regained consciousness and was taken by ambulance to the James Paget University Hospital.