Woman rescued in Yarmouth flat fire

A WOMAN had to be rescued by firefighters when a fire broke out in her Great Yarmouth flat after she had fallen asleep and left the cooker on. Firefighters were alerted to the blaze on Yarmouth Way after a quick-thinking neighbour dialled 999 after hearing the smoke alarm.

A WOMAN had to be rescued by firefighters when a fire broke out in her Great Yarmouth flat after she had fallen asleep and left the cooker on.

Firefighters were alerted to the blaze on Yarmouth Way after a quick-thinking neighbour dialled 999 after hearing the smoke alarm.

Two appliances went to the scene shortly before 8pm last night and crews forced entry to rescue to the woman, believed to be in her 20s.

The fire was extinguished within 20 minutes and the woman did not need treatment for smoke inhalation.


You may also want to watch:


A spokesman from Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said it showed the importance of having smoke detectors and how they can save lives.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter